View Single Post
brainhi
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2009
110 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 06, 2014 at 02:16 AM

I can be both. Anxiety and depression are my battles. I'm never really sure if it starts out as anxiety and then I run my brain down to depression. Or if it's reversed. And both together - I believe in many cases they both go hand in hand. I went thru a really rough period a couple months back (and could not pull myself out of it) - we changed my medication a bit so I could get through - the anxiety was kicking my butt. That helped me - I still tackle the same challenges but I can take care of them without that dread in the pit of my stomach

“Psychotherapy works by going deep into the brain and its neurons and changing their structure by turning on the right genes. The talking cure works by "talking to neurons," and that an effective psychotherapist or psychoanalyst is a "microsurgeon of the mind" who helps patients make needed alterations in neuronal networks.” Norman Doidge
brainhi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
WoundedGirl