Hellion
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2010
6 hugs
given
Default Aug 13, 2014 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponygals View Post
I suffer from anxiety, GAD General Anxiety Disorder, and depression. I applied to SSI, twice, got denied. During my second try though I went and got a lawyer, went to a hearing, did the appeal but was still denied.

WHY? Well I was told that the ONLY WAY you can get SSI is you need to be taking medication. That is the one and only way you will ever be approved for SSI.

BUT then I have a friend tell me, WHO DOES NOT TAKE MEDICATION - he is suffering from PTSD, BiPolar, Anxiety, and Depression and he is getting SSI! Making $1,100 a month plus other programs.

So how is he getting these programs and I try and I get denied and I don't pop pills.
I don't know that you have to be taking medication to get on SSI, though I suppose it is helpful...mostly because it shows you're being 'treated' for a condition. Also they come up with some pretty weird reasons for denial like they might argue they think your condition will improve enough for you to work if you where taking meds for it, it is probably harder to get it if your not taking any but not impossible since there are other treatments.

But are you like in therapy or getting any kind of treatment for those diagnoses? Because basically they need medical records that prove your condition and how it interferes with your ability to work...the more you have the better.