View Single Post
Juliana
Grand Member

Member Since Mar 2007
Default Apr 22, 2007 at 09:15 AM

I wish I could everyone an update on my afternoon/evening with Mr. X, but I'm all confused. I spent about 8 hours with him -- seeing him play in a pub, seeing other people play, chatting, having drinks and dinner, going to another pub to see someone else play, going back to his house with a bunch of people. I got some very mixed messages. He was super-friendly and chatty and flirty and really focused on me through most of the time, but by the time everyone got back to his house, I suddenly felt like I was invisible. He was talking about music with another musician (a guy he went to college with I think).

Then, later, everyone left except me and one other person and the three of us started talking about depression. We were talking about a musician friend of ours who seems to be doing much better. This particular guy's wife left him right after she gave birth to their baby and he had quite a breakdown and took it very, very hard... He ended up staying with my ex-boyfriend for a few months because he was such a mess he couldn't function on his own. Then Mr. X said "After my last break-up it took me 2 years to stop thinking about her everyday, so now I just don't get into relationships." So, that made me feel not so great. I decided shortly after that I was going to go home. He wanted me to stay and have one more drink, but I just felt kind of miserable (alcohol really is a depressant for me -- even though I only had 4 drinks). He gave me a lovely, tight hug and told me he's so glad we met and wants to make the Saturday matinee outing a regular thing. (He had also mentioned us having dinner soon at restaurant behind his place earlier in the evening.) I just felt confused and miserable when I got home. Still feeling confused and kind of sad. I really like him, but I don't have any idea what's going on in his head. If I had come home 2 hours earlier, I would have left feeling convinced that he was interested in me, but the evening took a rather depressing turn.