View Single Post
Anonymous52334

Default Aug 24, 2014 at 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serloco View Post
Paris Williams, PhD, works as a psychologist in the San Francisco Bay Area. He holds a PhD in Clinical Psychology from Saybrook University. He offers the rare perspective of someone who has experienced psychosis from both sides -- as a researcher and psychologist.

I suggest reading his very revealing, and eye-opening article here..

Full Recovery from Schizophrenia? | Brain Blogger
Serloco , i have actually talked to Paris , via mail. And he is a nice guy. But Paris said he achieved recovery in 2 years , and went back to college to study clinical psychology and is educated , as you have said to phd level. Now , have you any idea the level of mental acquity , that professional psychology requires. Look at college material or if you wish you can read his thesis or excerpts from his book or some of his comments. He is an intellectually savy guy , and actually has a deep interest in philosopy. If you read his stuff. You'll see.

Now i look to many sz sufferers and his profile does not fit with what i consider is the sz profile. He would probablly argue that this is because the general scientific paradigm is dominant. And i have put it to him that he was less sympthomatic and endured less severe sympthoms. And whats wrong with that? It makes sense that psychosis operates on a scale or spectrum. And some require meds and some do not. Paris presents that psychosis is some kind of uniform condition , and if he recovered without meds , then so can you. It would be truly inspirational, if this worked for everyone.

But there seems to be some level of truth that to resolve psychosis or to make it better , a character shift is required of sorts. I believe its not a radical transformation , just a subtle shift , like be a bit more positive , rely on wit and humour more, be more thick skinned, he conceptualises all this and basically says that psychosis is a defense mechanism that allows a sufferer to overcome otherwise unsurmountable problems. He calls alot of this existential crisis.

Last edited by Anonymous52334; Aug 24, 2014 at 01:50 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote