View Single Post
Lillevild

Member Since Aug 2014
Default Aug 29, 2014 at 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortandcute View Post
Is it really possible for people with bipolar to be okay without medication? I've gone without it for many years as I was totally against it. Sometimes I thought it was okay but that I just did not need it. But my life was total hell without medications. I've tried everything under the sun that was suggested to survive bipolar without it. But I was always a wreck. None of it ever worked. But then I hear people go on about how they don't need it, and they're fine without it, blah, blah, blah. I don't get it.

I decided recently to stop on zoloft and quetapine (seroquel) since I'm only 18 and didn't like the idea of being dependent on happy pills and anti-psychotics. And after doing my research I realized there is a lot my therapists decided to leave out about the effects of long term use of mood stabilizers and anti-psychotics. Honestly I couldn't be happier I stopped and I finally feel like I'm living real life again, being able to socialize and be genuinely interested in conversation. I feel calm and much more able to rationalize and understand my mood swings and what triggers them. Obviously it's different for everyone but for me it's definitely easier to live without the meds.
Lillevild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote