View Single Post
A Red Panda
Grand Magnate

Member Since May 2013
882 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 31, 2014 at 06:06 PM

Numbers aren't really important in the grand scheme of things - anyone who considers that important has their own issues and really isn't worth your time.

Things like the age you lost your virginity, how many partners were one night stands vs relationships, personal outlook on sex, etc influence it.

Personally? In 10 years of sexual activity I've had 9 partners. Only 4 of who I had regular sex with, but 6 who I was in a relationship with (two were very long distance and fell apart quickly). My personal outlook is that I value the emotional connection with sex and don't really care for sex just for sex's sake. It's not my style. I'm also not a drunk-hook-up sort of person (the times that I have, I was either hypomanic or in a depression).

Those are my personal values. Other people believe in waiting till marriage, and others believe in sex just for fun and don't have any worries about emotional connections or longetivity. To each their own!

The only thing that matters, I think, is not feeling regret over the people you've been with, even if they've caused you a great deal of pain later on. At the time, if you were happy with the decision, then that's all that really matters.

"I have a problem with low self-esteem. Which is really ridiculous when you consider how amazing I am.

A Red Panda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
doggiedo