View Single Post
nottrustin
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2014
375 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 01, 2014 at 02:22 PM

I wouldn't assume just because they were laughing it was a "fun session" T and I frequently will change what we are discussing at the end of a session especially if it has been very difficult. A few weeks ago we had a very difficult session. I cried quite a bit which I NEVER do. I was feeling frustrated that I wasn't "in control" and I happened to see the clock and that we only had about 10 minutes left. So I changed the subject to something totally off the wall. I asked her something person so she started laughing not because I had something THAT funny. Rather I completely changed the subject and turned it on her. She knew that I was done with what we had been discussing and needed to regain composure. From that point we had a very lighthearted conversation til the end.

As far as being a couple of minutes late since he has done it so infrequently I wouldn't take it personally. It may have been that the previous appointment had been pretty intense and he needed to get a quick breath, had a phone message, etc...

nottrustin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote