View Single Post
Firecrystal

Member Since Jul 2013
8 hugs
given
Default Sep 04, 2014 at 11:29 AM

A few years ago I was suffering hallucinations and hearing voices. I was diagnosed with psychosis. Spent a few days in a hospital and when I went home, things didn't improve. The voices influenced what coloured clothes I wore, what colours to avoid, what to eat and not eat, what to watch on TV, what books to avoid reading. The voices belonged to a group of angels, spirits of dead people and even loved one. Some seemed lovely but others were threatening. One "angel" threatened to blind me if I didn't do as I was told. It caused me health problems. I was put away in hospital for longer and given regular daily meds Quetiapine. I was in hospital for the whole summer and when I returned home, was still under the mental health care and got several visitors a week. A CPN, OT (occupational therapist) and a psychiatrist saw me each day. A year later the Quetiapine was reduced and I had visits only from CPN who came once a week, and I saw the psychiatrist once a month. Two years later I was better and discharged. But then I suffered depression and severe social anxiety. Put on Citalopram. I also was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer. Now taking thyroxin meds since I had my thyroid taken out and also on reduced Citalopram. Been in the wars, yeah but the effects of the psychosis still remain because everyone has been affected by me when I was ill. People from relatives to friends and the whole community look at me as insane and don't take me seriously. I find that I have trouble getting employment now, even voluntary work because of my mental health issues.
Firecrystal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
junkDNA