Koko2
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2011
68 hugs
given
Default Sep 05, 2014 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
If one has a pension fund does that come in monthly payments? or is it a significant amount? I mean I suppose I wonder why people who have pension funds and access to income without welfare feel the need to apply for welfare when there are people that don't have pensions or money left over from dead relatives who gave it to them in their will...who really need financial help just to survive.

Sorry if I am being harsh but, why do you need SSI if you have a pension fund? SSI is for people with disabilities who cannot work and do not have access to income through other means not to supplement pension funds or things like that.

If this pension fund cannot pay basic living expenses...and you are disabled it is very likely you can get SSI of course the pension would have to be less than 2,000 a month in your bank/credit union account...since if you have that or more they assume you can get by alright without the SSI. But if you're just looking for a little extra cash to supplement your pension SSI is not the thing for you and quite frankly trying to get it to supplement a pension or any other fund just means less resources for people who don't have those things to help them out...sorry.
My pension fund is awaiting my future retirement, but how do I survive until then? Also, I didn't misreport it or hide it. I disclosed it, and they informed me not to bother applying.
Koko2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote