Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2010
6 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 08, 2014 at 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortandcute View Post
Well, right now my grown kids are paying for everything, that's only because I don't have any income at all right now. I don't have a choice.
Are they struggling to do so? I mean you can still get SSI even if currently you have people paying for everything...before I got SSI my mom was covering all my expenses as well as some state assistance I had but still got on it. Also though had to stress the fact the support was not expected to continue indefinitely.

But yeah for them to deny you on the grounds of having family support it would have to be stable, consistant family support that really addresses all your needs/costs...and isn't particularly burdening them financially. In my case it was getting to the point of yeah my mom was paying my costs out of nessesity but not because it was really within her capability to support my needs as well as hers...I also could barely afford any medical/mental health treatment and had to do without a lot of things that I would benefit from. I mean unless your grown kids are very well to do and effectively covering your costs of living and provide you with income you'd likely get it if you are declared to be disabled by the state....unless you have over 2000 dollars of savings or assets hidden somewhere which from the sound of it you don't.

Thanks for this!
Rose76