View Single Post
archipelago
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2013
239 hugs
given
Default Sep 08, 2014 at 09:00 PM

Once I tried Wellbutrin and felt wired so didn't take it long. Years later after trying several things, we decided to try Wellbutrin since SSRIs weren't doing it. Even at the low dose of 150mg, I felt a little boost. I then increased to 300mg, which is the target dose I believe. That was fine for a while, but then I went down. So now I'm at 450mg, which is the maximum dose (have to be not prone to seizures). It feels like it's working, though I am also taking something else that also is activating. I don't feel wired or anxiety or irritable. And I would be sensitive to that because I have PTSD. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you should go that far. Just saying that "yes" I have upped the dose and found it working without problems. I haven't been keeping track of weight lose per se due to the meds. I simultaneously started eating differently and exercising and being more active because I now had the energy to, so perhaps an indirect effect? But I have lost weight during this period.