View Single Post
A18793715
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Aug 2014
7 hugs
given
Default Sep 11, 2014 at 06:51 PM

I was living with my now ex for the last almost 6 years. We broke up a few months ago. I'm on ssi and I get the max since I moved into my moms house but I can't stay there because there's just not room. It's a smallish 3 bedroom house. My mom and dad sleep in different rooms and my sister lives at home. She's 20 with two toddlers. Even at the cheapest I can find here, a studio at $410, I would still have barely any money for basics or even food after paying for rent, bills and meds. I have schizoaffective disorder and my family isn't understanding and just mak everything worse and it's incredibly stressful to live there because everyone constantly yells, *****es, the kids don't listen to me, etc.

I don't want a roommate. In fact, I don't think my paranoia would let me have a roommate and my only friend that I could move out with has a place. So it's just me. I can't afford even those extended stay motels.

What about dorms? Can I apply for student loans and use that to pay for a dorm? I do plan to go to college just wasn't planning on living on campus.

I'm 22. Is there any other programs that can help me pay for a place since I'm on ssi or something?
A18793715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl

Thanks for this!
nonightowl