Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 19, 2014 at 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortandcute View Post
My mom's on medicare---in a nutshell, she is paying out more money to get less services, yet her social security has not been raised once since Obama came into office.
Hate to say this, but social security has had a small raise the last 2 years.....we went quite a few years before that with no raises (can't remember exactly how many years without a raise).....but these last 2 have definitely been smaller than previously because they are based on the cost of living calculated raise.

I haven't seen much change in the actual cost of services & what I'm paying on medicare. I have basic medicare & the only medication I'm on I get covered by the patient assistance because I couldn't afford the medication even with the part D because I was in the donut hold by the 2nd month of the year & couldn't afford $8000+ a year for medication....medication Im on was costing over $2000/month.....& I refused to take any other meds because I couldn't afford them without insurance......in a really stuck place.....but the patient assistance really has helped me continue to have my quality of life.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote