View Single Post
loophole
Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2014
Default Sep 20, 2014 at 02:52 PM

Maybe im just trying to get general ideas and I doubt anyone can give me a great answer... I work at a place where it is 99% man. Several have 20 to 30 years in. it has less then 1000 employees and to be brief.. everyone knows me there.. literally everyone due to circumstances beyond my control. They don't know me from rumors or "bad things". people that work with me know I'm a good worker... problem is is everyone talks like it's highschool. I have been in php for a month and have been on sick leave the whole time.. a couple people that work there have seen me driving. I was going back and forth from the hospital everyday... anyway I went into the hospital because of this 3 and a half day blackout that ended up with me in inpatient (the loony bin to these folks)... they are already going to be assuming some things especially since people saw me (one guy saw me in the hospital parking lot one day).. how would you handle this...? I know tell them its none of their business! .. that's not my personality one.. and two half the people out there do honestly care.. it's the other half I dont.. but if I tell just a few people it will be all over the place sooner then later..... I thought about just saying I been having blackouts and it got bad and I had to goto the hospital to have tests run... but that still leaves loose ends for them to run with. .. like why were you off a whole month? I doubt it would take that long?

Anybody got any good ideas? I don't want to flat out lie.. I don't mind bending it a bit though... thanks for reading