View Single Post
Anonymous37892

Default Sep 22, 2014 at 06:15 PM

I texted my therapist on Friday night (10P M) stating that I felt weird about our session that night at 7 PM), and that I didn’t really recognize myself. I told him that I didn’t want to bother him, but that I was really really lonely, and also, admittedly, a little stoned (He knows I smoke).

Anyway, he responded back around 12:30 AM that night telling me that he sensed some changes too, but that in his perception they were good ones and going in a positive direction, and that it “looked good on me.” Then he wanted to know what I saw/or felt instead. I responded back around 1 AM, and he never replied.

Anyway, do you guys think this is weird on his part? (the content of his reply, as well as the time?) Sometimes he responds to my messages, and sometimes he ignores them (and doesn’t bring them up in session). I also thought it really strange that we were corresponding so late in the evening. Truthfully, I didn’t even think I would get a response, especially since he knew I was under the influence.

What is the latest time in the evening any of you have ever communicated with your therapist outside of session? Usually I have a rule about only texting until about 8 PM…after that I consider it invading on their private time, and can be considered rude. Obviously, I wasn’t thinking clearly when I sent that message out at 10 PM. Thoughts?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote