View Single Post
Hellion
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2010
6 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 22, 2014 at 09:36 PM

I had depression for quite a while before I developed PTSD as well as anxiety, I think those just set me up to be more vulnerable to PTSD. But it can be hard to separate what is the 'PTSD' and what has more to do with the ongoing depression and anxiety I had before since there is lots of overlap.

Also though past few therapists I've tried going to have even said they don't really know what to do with PTSD and attempt to just treat the depression and I get prescribed meds for anxiety(have tried meds for depression but none have worked and not currently taking any). But yeah it can be flustering because how can a therapist attempt to just treat the depression I can't very well choose between 'well which one do you want help with' its like well I need help with the whole package of mental health issues I have. So as a result even though I've been in therapy, my PTSD remains essentially un-treated still, was trying to be assessed for therapy directed at that with a different therapist but there was a mix up and I missed that appointment and have to reschedule. PTSD does a good job of screwing with concentration and remembering things and confusing me.

Seems like your dealing with a bit more crap than me, but I can sort of understand your frustration and face somewhat similar frustration, though I know in my case the depression came before the PTSD.

Hugs from:
Bluegrey