View Single Post
Fresia
Wandering soul

Member Since Apr 2010
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 24, 2014 at 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeS21 View Post
Thanks Fresia. I looked into this by calling Medicare. Medicare said that if there's no delay and if they are not at all backed up, July 2015 would be the soonest I could get re-enrolled.

Their reason why is that while open enrollment begins in January, anyone who CANCELS has an additional 6 month waiting period before coverage kicks in. They do NOT care if you cancelled due to receiving inaccurate information or incomplete information as I did.
I would mark it on my calendar for date with Medicare on Jan 1st then. It must be the medicare supplements/companion plans that the enrollment is in November then. Sorry about that. . At least you can pick it back up next year though. Perhaps there is an individual policy you can pick up meanwhile to supplement it? I would call around or go online for plan information and rates. Hang in there meanwhile.

I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it. -M.Angelou
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. -Anaïs Nin.
It is very rare or almost impossible that an event can be negative from all points of view.
-Dalai Lama XIV
Fresia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
JoeS21