View Single Post
starbuke

Member Since Sep 2014
Default Sep 24, 2014 at 12:57 PM

hvert- you hit the nail right on the head.

it was a huge disappointment for her that my father didn't make that much money in the end. She feels like she couldn't control that, or maybe feels like she shouldn't have decided to marry him so quickly and it could have been avoided. So all she cares about now is that I find someone who makes $$. Also, in her own family, having money was really important. I think she may have felt like her parents didn't like her as much as her siblings bc she didn't marry someone wealthy, like her siblings did (side note- the siblings who did marry rich were NOT happy).

Yes- it is hard because she can be very nice at times. Prior to this recent fight, I even told her she was a nice mother. My father keeps telling me that she's done so many things for me, but that doesn't mean she can act the way she does towards me.

Yep- she treats me like a friend, and sometimes I've even told her it wasn't appropriate. But bc of that, she thinks it is ok to overstep boundaries. Anyway a tough lesson to learn but I needed to learn it. I'm sure she'll be mad when I stop telling her anything about my life, but she brought it upon herself.

And yeah- my ex who she didn't like, she now pretends like she never was opposed to him. She claims that when I broke up with him she kept asking me if I was sure. Total BS.
starbuke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote