View Single Post
notalone11

Member Since Sep 2014
16 hugs
given
Default Sep 24, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMe View Post
I've tried several different anti-depressants across three classes with a few "class of their own" thrown in. Some have failed or pooped but I really struggle with side-effects that I find intolerable and incompatible with living a "normal" life. So does that make my depression treatment resistant or medication resistant or am I medication intolerant?

I've tried talking therapies in the past, not particularly effective, am trying CBT right now (too soon to say, but my gut instinct is that it isn't right for me) and I've had ECT which DID work. I'm not sure whether I'd want to go through ECT again, but even if I did it isn't an option where I live, neither are antidepressant combinations or augmentation.

So given that I haven't tried everything and there is one treatment that has worked well it would be unrealistic to describe my depression as treatment resistant even though the clinical definitions would suggest so.
I've also tried a wide range of antidepressants with no lasting luck. What was ECT like? How did it make you feel better? I'm really desperate to improve my depression...
notalone11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
dfwsteph, Yours_Truly