Member Since Feb 2014
16.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 25, 2014 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcloud View Post
dear original me,

i would like to know how you do when you get back to work. i am just now saying a little prayer for you. i really hope it goes well.
I did OK yesterday, but it was hard. I'm doing a phased return so I'm building up my hours slowly. Today I didn't go in to work, tomorrow I'm back in again. On Wednesday I didn't do anything at work other than chat with a few of my coworkers and tidy up my desk. Tomorrow I'll talk through the tasks that my boss would like me to start working on next week. I'm going to ask that I only have one task at a time to begin with so that I'm not overwhelmed, also if I get stuck then I'll have to ask for help instead of moving on to something else.

I managed to get a shower before I went to work and choose some smart clothes to wear but today I skipped the shower. My washing machine has broken so clean clothes are in short supply, I'm getting a new washing machine in a couple of days though.

I found the hardest part was talking to so many people and trying to smile, that will be easier when I have work to do and can hide behind my computer.
TheOriginalMe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote