View Single Post
megankelly1989

Member Since Sep 2014
Thumbs up Sep 26, 2014 at 08:59 AM

Hey Everyone,

Talking about my use with seroquel, well before that...My PCM thought I just had generalize
. Anxiet, so he prescribed me zoloft and xanax that was Sept 2013. I weighed 138 pounds. Holidays came up, so I ate a little more. Feb. Had a grade two ankle sprain from running stopped running, weighed 155 pounds in March 2014, which i didn't care, I was comfortable. And all of the sudden April 2014 had an emotional breakdown, badly. Wanted to call 911 for no reason, felt like I wanted to scream in class, I drove on the edge (wanted to flip my car, just to see if I would actually fo it, had very intrusive thoughts (i cannot watch the news at all).

Finally say my doctor, right away I got a refferal. Had my first appointment with my psychiatris. Later then told her habits, how much sleep i get, how i feel, and so forth. I'm diagnosed with bipolar, generalized anxiety, and symptoms of PTSD, but not full blown. Im not going to put my past on here. So she prescribed Trileptal, Seroquel and Vistaril (to sleep), Klonopi . ( which is better than xanax), and xanax for emergencies. So I began my trial...Im really weight consciou . If i go above 160. Well guess what I was gaining a pound and a half a week. As of two days I go I weighed 195 pounds, every month i would have to buy new pants. So from April 2014-Sept 2014 I gained 40 pounds, and mind you I was running even though my joints hurt so bad.

So I said I was going to do an experiment. I'm going on a low carb diet and going to right down my weight and see if it is the holy grail (i lost 30 pounds on a low carb diet before any meds) so thw first week I lost 10 pounds, weighed myself everyday so I was 185. Then guess what the weight ceased and no matter what I did I was gaining half of a pound and on the same.diet.

So seroquel does make u gain weight that cannot be explained.

Me being pissed off, i go back to my psychiatrist. (She knows my weight bothered me). Says okay lets taje you off seroquel on Sept 23, 2014. Now I begin my journey and will share with you the results, if it is true about seroquel. I got prescribe ambien to sleep now, which ia not as good as seroquel (i wake up at 2am wide awake). Im going to weigh myself every month to see if weight comes off a little.
megankelly1989 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote