View Single Post
newtus
The Dopamine Flux

Member Since Jun 2010
867 hugs
given
Default Sep 28, 2014 at 05:49 PM

i just wanted to say something...

as some or maybe all of you know im half black and half hispanic.
well i tried to bring up my schizophrenia with both side of family before but both want to keep it extremely hush hush. but the different cultures of my family have different opinions from each other. the black side of my family seems a little more sensitive to it. i went to a family reunion and learned once that my cousin was once dxd as bipolar and has a brother with Sz supposedly although she thinks its really ptsd. and i saw a little girl at the family reunion with autism. also learned a few months ago my cousin is on disability for seizures.

the hispanic side of my family seems more scared of me. when my mom once told them last year i was on haldol injections for my dx my aunt asked if i was gonna hurt anyone. BUT my cousin and i had a long talk about her being in a mental hospital once or twice and her being diagnosed as bipolar. but we both agreed that theres a few black sheeps in the family that the family wants to keep pushed out of sight OR keep the secrets hidden. and just make it looks like the family is perfect.

idk how to deal with this. i wish my family was more open to my i guess mental illness

The Dopamine Flux
www.thedopamineflux.com

Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/MozePrayIII

newtus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Axiom, Erti, Sometimes psychotic, Terabithia, unaluna

Thanks for this!
worthit