View Single Post
A Red Panda
Grand Magnate

Member Since May 2013
882 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 01, 2014 at 05:45 PM

I think that dress should be depending on the job or situation - some jobs/situations call for formal clothes, others for business, others business-casual and so on. But it doesn't mean that someone has to dress like a fashion model - if someone doesn't like to wear high heels then they sure don't have to! There are lots of shoes available that are flat. Same with dresses vs trousers - there are always options between the two.

It's not too hard to find clothes that are comfortable regardless of the situation. Will it necessarily be "fashionable"? No. But if that doesn't matter to you, then how you look shouldn't matter to anyone else either! As long as you are following the dress-code of where you are, then you're fine. And being clean.

I'm a teacher, so I have a lot of freedom. There are days where I wear yoga pants and runners, days where I wear nice dresses, days where I'm dressed business-casual. The only thing I do not do as it is inappropriate would be to wear super-revealing clothes. I wear make up or not depending on how I feel that day, and I'm totally alright with that (I actually think it's healthy for the kids to see that I'm still me and the same whether I'm dressed nicely or not!)

Anyone who puts pressure on anyone else to look a certain way is ridiculous and the problem lies with them!

"I have a problem with low self-esteem. Which is really ridiculous when you consider how amazing I am.

A Red Panda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote