View Single Post
Calm
Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2007
PC PoohBah!
Default May 04, 2007 at 10:38 AM

Hi cat,

If you come up with any info on a specific meditative practice that help to lessen anxiety, please post it. I've researched some meditation methods and started with the mindfulness meditation technique. Maybe it's too early for me to judge as to whether it is helping or not but I get the sense it's not. I don't feel it has helped in lessening my anxiety level. My anxiety level on a scale of 1-10 is usually in the range of 8-10 on a daily basis. It's totally mind scrambling.

I'm thankful for the sertraline that I take daily now as it seems to help me with falling asleep faster. I've always had trouble with falling asleep as long as I can remember. I've read how meditation can be so beneficial and am wondering whether I'm doing something wrong or if the techinique I'm using just isn't suitable for my situation. I'm curious as to whether some techiniques are better for some individuals as opposed to others. A similar comparison would be medications and how for some they are helpful and for others they're not. Oh well, maybe I need to test out some other techniques and see how I respond to them. Now I know how a guinea pig must feel. to both of us.
Calm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote