View Single Post
Hellion
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2010
6 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Trig Oct 08, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I have heard/seen this phrase numerous times in general and I just don't get it. I mean having attempted suicide and still experiencing suicidal ideation to the point of considering further attempts it doesn't make a lot of sense, since achieving death actually seems pretty hard....also the psychological thought process and all that goes with suicidal ideation and such certainly is not easy either. Its not like i just get up and think to myself 'dying sounds good today' no it sounds horrible, just less horrible than the pain I might be in at the time...not to mention biologically living things are not designed to off themselves you're body at least on a physical level will fight it and there will be fear associated with actually accomplishing it. At least from what I have experienced........I just wonder if maybe my experience with the suicidal mindset has been very different from other peoples, or if that is a phrase that more comes from people ignorant about what all death especially causing ones own death entails?

Didn't really know where else to put this, figured people with treatment resistant depression might more get what I mean since I am sure I am not the only one with recurrent suicidal thinking.

Hugs from:
Anonymous100305

Thanks for this!
manxcatwoman