Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2010
6 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 09, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeGirl View Post
Hi, this is my 2nd post as a newbie on this site...and I noticed you mentioned use of cannabis...is this for physical pain or your depression? I was going to ask my GP about using it to help my MD and anxiety but I cant find supporting documentation to support use of it for major depression and I'm nervous about her reaction to me asking. I have been on various meds for over 2yrs now but I haven't found any magic elixir yet. I would say my depression is persistent at this point..with very little relief by way of pharma meds.
I have heard of people getting medical marijuana for mental issues, but from what i understand its easier to get it for physical ailments like chronic pain...I have found it helpful for depression like as a temporary relief from the worst of it. Though I'd think if you could find an open minded psychiatrist(if you'res really isn't) they might consider it especially if other treatments have failed.

I myself have never had it recommended by a doctor, though I think I'd have valid reason...costs money though for assessment and getting a MMJ card at least in my state and its kinda pricey....and places that sell it legally for recreational purposes have very high tax so plenty of people grow their own or still get it outside the regulated stores. I have seen some evidence to suggest cannabis can help depression mostly articles but most of those will have a source of where they got the info or saw the study the article is based on...most of those sources also say too much cannabis of course can contribute to symptoms and its more effective in lower-moderate dosage but i think it also depends on the strain and individual what the proper amount to be most effective is.