View Single Post
SmileHere

Member Since Oct 2014
61 hugs
given
Default Oct 10, 2014 at 07:38 AM

hmm, I loved working in a beautiful space with beautiful computers (Apple), or in a scenic hut by a lake... The PR job was a small office, just 3 of us, the boss respected me and liked me, the other co-worker later on not so much. (I think I may have cried there as well and handled a conflict not-so-great, it was exhaustion, working, studying, going to drama classes, trying to write my thesis, I once fell asleep on a bus!)

I wrote articles well, they got published in big newspapers.
I read many books on effective/constructive communication, social intelligence and such at the time, implemented the techniques, and they kinda worked.

The boss wanted to hire me permanently, but I wanted to study art and later go study abroad... Then I wanted to finish my first BA theses (languages), which took me a long while, cause they were such interesting ones, I kept researching and reading more books, moved back home...

The tourism information job was just for limited time only. It wasn't well-paid and it was a bit exhausting, I had to be there 'all days', though sometimes just sitting and waiting. And I didn't like the smoking that was going on in the main office (that was before the smoking in offices was banned here) and some other things, and wanted to write my novel/do music and art etc. anyway.

People/guests there thanked me for 'kindness'. (Which kind of surprised me lol. I didn't have such great knowledge of routes and such to begin with, so it was a bit stressful too, but I tried to be nice and polite to everyone.) So apparently I did that well, the approach.
When there was a group of them, I explained things to them as a group, near a big map.

I liked talking to the people who visited, especially international guests, or to the waitresses near-by when there was no one around, it was peaceful. I was alone in the little hut and could read or talk to the girls/guests next door if I wanted to.
SmileHere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote