View Single Post
SmileHere

Member Since Oct 2014
61 hugs
given
Default Oct 10, 2014 at 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
Is there a downside to trying to voc rehab? One of my friends was able to get an associates degree for free through one of those programs-- and he got to take a bunch of classes at the very expensive art school through some sort of student transfer program. It sounded like a great deal to me
WOW, that does sound like a great deal! I didn't know voc rehab can do something like this! But not sure if it's the same in my country. Here, I was told you go work for a firm/organisation/... for 6 hours a day and you get some 300 euro/month (social support is about 260 euro/month). The idea is to be hired by them if they like you after this 'free for them' period paid by the state, it often doesn't happen though. And I wonder who we would find to work for, what kind of environment. Would it just further decrease my already low self-esteem?
I suppose firms/orgs would like to get 'free for them' work done, the question is if they'd like me enough or have enough $$$ to hire me after that. No vocational training/education was mentioned.
SmileHere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote