ifst5
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2010
215 hugs
given
Default Oct 16, 2014 at 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangled99 View Post
No we have only been together for 9 months.

Got an emergency appointment with my old psychologist today. She confirmed what I thought that it is an illness comparable to other disorders. And she believes that by confessing to me it means that he wants to get help deep down.

She says I need to talk to him and be very clear about him needing to get help for this disorder and focus on it as an illness that needs to be cured. If he is willing to stop it and get better I can be there and support him but if not I need to leave.

She also said something that I hadn't thought about. The mother is a real slut and sleeps around all the time and is cheating on her husband with 5-6 men on a regular basis. So like my therapist said it is a physical danger too because of std.

I am going to try to do this next weekend
.. God it is so hard... :-(
Please forgive me i misread, i'm sorry to hear that your husband is in such danger if he can't find a way to stop. Does he realize about his mothers other partners? They at least need to use protection as something like HIV is incurable...I personally would resist any sexual contact with him until he's able to stop. Who knows maybe the longer the two of you go without sex the more likely he is to realize that this issue affects more than just one area of his life?
ifst5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote