View Single Post
ChipperMonkey
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2014
263 hugs
given
Default Oct 18, 2014 at 07:11 PM

Why is society more accepting of a female predator than of a male? Because we are programed to believe that females are the kind and gentle nurturers who would never do such a thing. We are programmed to believe that predators are creepy looking older men.

My abuser was female, so I don't hold on to the common belief that women are "safer". I once watched a "Dateline" show about a woman who did the same, got involved with a male student, and she didn't believe that she should have to register as a sex offender as she thought she did nothing wrong. It wasn't just her stance that ticked me off, it was the slant that Dateline used to tell her story. I had to change the channel before the end as I was so mad that I wanted to throw something at the TV! Flip it all around, male teacher dating a female student. NOBODY would be sympathetic, but because the perpetrator is a woman, we are supposed to accept this sort of behavior, or at the very least show some understanding!?!??! I don't think so! Society needs to wake up and realize that women can be vicious predators just like men. Their MO may be a little bit different, but its all the same. You see that boundary at 18 years old? NOBODY should cross it as its there for a reason. Yes, some say its arbitrary as maturity doesn't always go by years, but at the same time, there is no better way to draw that line in the sand.
ChipperMonkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous100168

Thanks for this!
BobbyDavis