View Single Post
Anonymous200265
Anonymous200265 has no updates. Edit

Default Oct 20, 2014 at 04:02 PM

I heard something really cool once that a professor at my university said. He said that he liked to view everyone as having an emotional bank balance. You have debits and credits - i.e. things that "withdraw" from it and things that "deposit". If you withdraw too much from someone, he ends up with zero, or even worse, an overdraft/negative balance.

I think like we who are depressed have had too many plunderers raiding our emotional bank balance for far too long. It just happens, the same way a victim of any crime is unsuspecting until he/she realizes what has happened. Just like any robbery, you can't really prepare for it, and no matter how much security you put up, the master criminal bides his time and finds a way around. It's not really our own fault as such, these things happen.

That's why I speak of toxic people. These people are big time withdrawers/takers and don't care how much they take, they just use you up and move on to someone else when you can't supply anymore.

But, by the same token, there are people who deposit too. They are harder to find nowadays, but they still exist. So, that's something I forgot to add - yes, avoid toxic people, but also find fulfilling people, those who can build you up.

Thanks for this!
Beachlover527, ChangingMyMind, connect.the.stars, cryingontheinside