View Single Post
ifst5
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2010
215 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 20, 2014 at 04:38 PM

Nope i don't belong even the vaguest sense of the word; i was bullied at school, tormented through college and even dropped out of university. All of which can't be contributed to my sheer oddness but it no doubt played a major part.

I'm ok with being unconventional. Fortunately i don't want what most consider to part and parcel of regular life. Marriage, children, the 9-5 grind; none of it interests me in the slightest. I would perhaps like a couple more friends but most of the friendships i have fizzle out after short bursts of great intensity. I often wonder if i'd be better off without them. The loneliness can be difficult but i think this is made worse really by the lack of solid routine. The devil makes work for idle hands as the saying goes. But i'll find my niche - we all do eventually.

I'm comforted by the fact that there are a lot of people like me - it's a shame we don't receive greater acceptance within society but when you live mostly on the peripheries that's what happens. I realize i can't have it both ways. I like my space, the solitude, the lack of pressure - it's only when we're surrounded by others and a way of life that's so different that those things start to become compromised.

It's not a perfect life, nor a particularly happy one. But far better to know what you don't want then be all to aware of what you'd like and your failure to get it.
ifst5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote