View Single Post
Middlemarcher

Member Since May 2013
320 hugs
given
Default Oct 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Am.The.End. View Post
So I've been reading about why I can't have an orgasm with my partner even though I usually can on my own and this is the most relatable thing I could find in an online article:

(from Get Real! Why Can't I Orgasm?)

So, if that's the issue, how in the world do I fix it?
With a whole lot of patience & time, on your part and his.

Quote:
I'm trying to relax…I just need to tell him to stop asking all the time if I'm about to orgasm.
Yes. He needs to know that you feel pressured when he asks, and this makes it more difficult for you.

Quote:
I just need to know that it's possible for me to even have an orgasm, then I could relax and not worry about it. But as of now, it may never happen for all I know…all the reading I've done on it, I've never heard of anyone who's overcome my particular problem.
As I wrote in your previous thread, I have personally overcome this problem. I was able to have an orgasm on my own, but not with a partner. Now, I can have one with my partner. And so have a lot of other women. Trust me.

Quote:
I just feel an immense pressure over it…I feel really guilty about not being able to get off even though he's expending a lot of effort. I'm by far the most "difficult" person he's ever been with.
I assume he's also a 20-something? Honestly, he sounds kind of sexually naive to me. I find it hard to believe that every single one of his lovers was able to have an easy (or even easier) orgasm. Enormous numbers of women fake orgasms. I mean, ENORMOUS numbers. I find it more likely that this was the case with at least some of his previous lovers. Or maybe he's working with a very small sample size. Also, he sounds like a nice guy, but I think it's uncool that he has told you this. I find that to be shaming and pressuring, even if he doesn't mean it to be. That could just be me. But as a hetero female, I'd never tell a lover "wow, all of my other lovers have lasted way longer than you." Just nope.

Quote:
We haven't tried toys, but we've discussed it. He isn't insulted or anything. I guess the reason I haven't pushed harder for it was that I was hoping something else would work first, but that appears to not be the case.
Whatever works, works. A vibrator is basically what solved my problem. And the MIND-BLOWING orgasms I have with toys have convinced me that for me personally, resisting them is just silly.

Overall, in your posts, I hear a lot of guilt and negative thinking. I hope that you can tune out that inner narrative and just keep going with the attitude that eventually, it will happen. Those negative inner voices won't help you get there. I know how hard it is to get past those feelings & thoughts, though.
Middlemarcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote