vital
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2014
1,785 hugs
given
Default Oct 27, 2014 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatamImissinh View Post
Been on meds every class for 15 yrs - no silver bullet/purple pill. been in group, individual u name it. Been in partial day programs 3-4 x's - went inpatient once most degrading, humiliating and scariest experience of my life will never go back. Had ect 13x changed psychiatrist recently who was part of ECT program - said - "now you know there is a CURE" ********. doesn't believe in med management back to low dose of Paxil - not working. Can't find meaningful job, lost everything, family, career, finances, mood, relationships have all been sabotaged. I am at a loss - dont know where to turn. almost fifty starting over with 0 after the American dream was taking from me. I am so angry and frustrated by everything and everyone. Just want my life back.
I really think you should have a look at this, which I am repeating from a post to pacot in this section.

About 13:44 in, he talks about depression specifically and points out the any of the following can cause it:

1. Gluten -> Autoimmune disease thyroid
2. Acid reflux -> acid blockers -> vitamin B12 deficiency
3. Vitamin D deficiency
4. Took antibiotics -> Altered gut flora -> Changes the way peptides and neurotransmitters are produced
5. Love Sushi -> Mercury poisoning
6. Hate fish -> Omega 3 deficiency
7. Love sugar -> Prediabetes

Every one of these things causes depression, the treatments for each are different and none of them will be helped by antidepressants.

Also, it really sounds to me like you've been treated for a long time by antidepressants. Statistically speaking, these just often don't work. Have you tried non-med practices that are known to help? It sounds like you've been trusting your MDs to find the answer. I think that strategy rarely works with depression.

- v
vital is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote