View Single Post
Anonymous100305

Smile Oct 29, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Hello ChangingMyMind: I'm so sorry to hear treatment has gone so poorly for you. It does sound as though you've tried just about everything there is & nothing is helping. I have some sense of this as well. Nothing much works for me either. I am on the generic variety of Cymbalta (120mg / day). It doesn't do allot. But it does seem to keep me from diving so low into depression, I start thinking about ending it all. It also seems to have helped with some ongoing anger issues I've had over the years. So I stay on it. At least it's something.

You certainly are to be lauded for trying so many different things & for continuing to stick with it when so many treatments have failed you. Have you ever tried DBT or CBT? (I never have. So I can't really speak to their efficacy. They're just a couple of things you didn't mention in your post.) I know you said you're so done with trying to help your depression. I feel pretty-much the same way. However, I'm in my mid-60's so for me it feels like less of a big deal than I would imagine it feels like to you. I do hope you can somehow find the strength to persevere. I send you warm hugs to buoy you.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady, ChangingMyMind

Thanks for this!
ChangingMyMind