View Single Post
jjishere

Member Since Oct 2014
9 hugs
given
Default Oct 30, 2014 at 02:06 PM

Hi:
Wow. I am treatment refractory also. I tried it all for over 30 years now and nothing helps. It is really bad and I thought I was the only one in the world with this. I wish we had a real board for treatement resistant depression for those of us who have to live without the benefit of help. It is a real b****. I am looking for online support to help me get through this major depression and the h**** that it is. Otherwise ... I just don't know anymore.

Is anyone out there who has been going through it for ages and ages and suffers. I am totally scared. I used to have episdoes and breaks. Then 2 and one half years ago, just one long horrible depression, homebound, almost bedbound (hard to even shower) ashamed and feel hopeless.

Even docs hav given up on me.

Now to the new people: There are SSRI's, there are the older classes of drugs call tricylcis and there are even MAOI's ... don't know much about that one but it works differently than the others. As to ECT, it is not as bad as people think. You really need to get evaluated for that. Of course, try everything else first. I did.

Take care. If anyone can relate to my post ... I hope you post.

JJ
jjishere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous100305, avlady

Thanks for this!
ChangingMyMind