Member Since Mar 2014
107 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 01, 2014 at 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vital View Post
ChangingMyMind!

I'm really concerned that you're getting yourself into worse and worse problems by trying these drugs. Usually the drugs that are less often used are that way because they have more and/or more dangerous side effects. If I were you, I'd be trying hard to get off all of these drugs and trying hard with every non-drug way to help your depression.

- v
Yes that is my current take on it as well. I have tried so many drugs and have bad reactions so I am more cautious when it comes to meds now. That is why I tell the doc no when she mentions TCAs, MAOIs, or any antipsychotics because the side effect profiles are worse than what I'm experiencing now. So the plan at the moment is to continue mindfulness, snap club, therapy, yoga, light exercise and wait to try TMS again since it helped a little before. I also plan to see a functional medicine doctor to see if they have any suggestions. I am going to add in light therapy (gonna buy the light for the house) and change my diet. Although I'm going to wait to talk to the functional medicine doc and/or a nutritionist about my diet and what she recommends.

Hugs from:
vital

Thanks for this!
Gus1234U