vital
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2014
1,785 hugs
given
Default Nov 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
I'm finding that I have the same (lousy) behaviors, but now I am telling myself that I 'decide' to do them. I still need to figure out how to push myself over the edge into healthy decisions.
hi hvert,

I think that when you're starting out, it's best to make lots of tiny tiny decisions like the ones in #4 of this thread. When I put my socks on, for instance, I usually decide whether to put my left sock on first or my right sock on. If I go up a flight of stairs, sometimes I go two at a time, sometimes left foot first, sometimes right foot first (and if I'm in the mood, I will hop up the stairs like a bunny ). It's not that these are good or bad decisions, it's just that I actively decide (SNAP!) and I actively ENJOY deciding. Many many good things came for me later, but this is how I started out.

I suspect that many good things are coming for you too and I suspect that you will decide not to do your lousy behaviors naturally as you go.

I find that snap club has something to do with meditation and present moment awareness. In Buddhist monasteries, they sometime have a "bell of mindfulness" that rings occasionally throughout the day to remind you to be in the present moment. I find that my SNAPs do that for me. When I SNAP and decide, I am conscious and truly alive at that moment. Sure, I might make a mistake, but I'm OK with that. I feel safe. I feel like if I am present with my full self, things will work out.

- vital

Thanks for this!
cryingontheinside