View Single Post
A Red Panda
Grand Magnate

Member Since May 2013
882 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM

I'm not officially diagnosed with AvPD, although my T believes that I have this.

The pdoc asked me the most simple and stupid questions ever the last time I saw him, and out of no where went "you don't have AvPD". I was like "wtf?" because I was in there to talk about meds for bipolar disorder, and my T and I had never discussed AvPD at that point.

See, the pdoc asked solely about behaviours. He asked simple questions, I gave simple answers. Why? Because I didn't want to be judged and I didn't want to annoy him by giving big long answers! If he knew how I thought, felt, and view the world then he might have thought differently...

But I trained most of my behaviours so that I'm functional and at least appear ok (which for me, means I've done everything I can to try to minimize how annoying I would be for someone else...). So I totally believe that it is possible too.

It just takes a loooonngg tiiimmmeee and a LOT of effort! And lots of frustration and feeling like quitting.

"I have a problem with low self-esteem. Which is really ridiculous when you consider how amazing I am.

A Red Panda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote