dfwsteph

Member Since Nov 2011
45 hugs
given
Default Nov 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinco14532323 View Post
dfwsteph,

I have had more luck with the SSNRI's. A new one called Fetzima has worked better for me than anything ever has and I have been on a lot. Over the years Effexor was the best one except for Fetzima. Effexor eventually pooped though.

I too have been in therapy one on one, group therapy, 20 years in AA, years of Alanon, CBT, 20 years meditation, on and on.......
nice to meet ya zinco...sorry you have this experience, but good to know someone is sympatico...thanks for telling me about the Fetzima...good to know there's another possibility...wellbutrin hits all 3 receptors but it sent me up the wall...

when I was first told bipolar, I was distressed to find out the times I thought I felt "good" were actually hypomanic for me...I think I've finally smoothed out but this time of year sucks

when one has lived to be our age, we've pretty much tried most everything there is (or was), not just sat back taking meds and crying...I haven't done ECT because I'm on my own and, until 3 years ago, was holding down a job

I think there's a lot to be said for our shared experience...learning to modify our reaction and that we can't change others

thanks again,

stephanie
dfwsteph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote