View Single Post
Altered Moment
Elder

Member Since Feb 2014
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 12, 2014 at 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwsteph View Post
nice to meet ya zinco...sorry you have this experience, but good to know someone is sympatico...thanks for telling me about the Fetzima...good to know there's another possibility...wellbutrin hits all 3 receptors but it sent me up the wall...

when I was first told bipolar, I was distressed to find out the times I thought I felt "good" were actually hypomanic for me...I think I've finally smoothed out but this time of year sucks

when one has lived to be our age, we've pretty much tried most everything there is (or was), not just sat back taking meds and crying...I haven't done ECT because I'm on my own and, until 3 years ago, was holding down a job

I think there's a lot to be said for our shared experience...learning to modify our reaction and that we can't change others

thanks again,

stephanie
Worst time of year for me too. Always has been. Better to be hypo manic then depressed in my book, as long as it is the happy kind.

I have to say all the things I have done in my life as far as treatment has helped me overall. Just hasn't rid me of the depression. Basically the same pattern since I was 13 unless meds are working or maybe it would have been much worse without meds. Hard to tell.

I am not on the pity pot or sit around whining and crying about it. It is what it is and I keep trying. I won't give up looking for solutions but at this point it is about how to manage my life given the way things are.

Major Depressive Disorder
Anxiety Disorder with some paranoid delusions thrown in for fun.
Recovering Alcoholic and Addict
Possibly on low end of bi polar spectrum...trying to decide.

Male, 50

Fetzima 80mg
Lamictal 100mg
Remeron 30mg for sleep
Klonopin .5mg twice a day, cutting this back
Altered Moment is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote