View Single Post
AlphaAlpha

Member Since Jan 2010
Default Nov 14, 2014 at 10:40 PM

The reason why people still have pure O is because we are trying to defeat an irrelevant fear or irrelevant thing. It would be like the equivalent of dumping oil in milk and then trying to separate the milk from the oil. When in all reality we could just go buy some more milk. I'm not claiming to be an expert on pure O or ocd I just wanted to point out what helps me. We already know these things are not rational but we also must realize that it is irrelevant as well. The problem is irrelevant. It is just a habit that we have created. What I mean is having these intrusive thoughts doesn't do any good at all. Just like dumping oil in milk doesn't solve anything, neither do these thoughts. These thoughts shouldn't be there at all. I know you are thinking like, "well, duh!" but I know how emotionally and spiritually draining pure o is. The best thing to do is just accept the thoughts as just information, nothing more or less. Also our minds learn based on what we take action on or what we do. Kind of like a kid learns from his/her parents. If the parent tells the kid not to smoke but smokes themselves then there is a significant probability that the child will end up smoking. It is sort of the same concept with OCD or pure O. The problem is we are having trouble convincing ourselves. It is an reassurance issue, but like I said trying to separate oil from the milk is near impossible. Accept the thoughts as just thoughts and then reinforce your TRUE values and beliefs by taking action. It takes an extreme amount of courage but it can work. I know people who have conquered their OCD and pure O so I know it isn't impossible. I suffer from pure O myself so I know how much it sucks. I hope this helps and I didn't mean to offend anyone if I did. Take care.
AlphaAlpha is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lemon Curd

Thanks for this!
Lemon Curd