View Single Post
Nammu
Crone

Member Since May 2010
Location: Some where between my inner mind and the solar system.
53.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 14, 2014 at 10:59 PM

This is a question I've oftwen wondered about. When I was 9 I was diganosed with migraines and an ulcer. I was 24 when my life fell apart and wondered why the adults in my life had never questioned my sudden shift from bubbly to very withdrawn. I only found out a few years ago from my mother that the doctors had wanted me to see someone but my father wouldn't hear of it...only crazy people go to the crazy doctors. Would my life been easier if had had been able to address the CSA then or harder with teachers knowing I had a label? Would I have carried more shame if talked about back in the day when nobody talked about stuff like that? I have met some much younger kids with CSA and the "help" made life harder but others did much better? I guess it depends on the individual and like gayleggg said having a healthy home life.

I've met some both young and old who carry around their diagnoses like a badge that entitled them to special treatment because they were victims or ill. some of them learned it and I think some of them sought it out, but again I don't know if it is the label, the timing or the individual. I do think there is way too much labeling, so much labeling that it almost makes a person without a label abnormal.

Nammu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SeekerOfLife

Thanks for this!
Angelique67