Account Suspended

Member Since Sep 2011
3,729 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 18, 2014 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetkitten View Post
I have been studying on the internet and I believe that after about twenty years of taking lithium, my body is rejecting it. I am very drowsy/sleepy, have diarrhea, poor appetite, somewhat uncoordinated, and there may be other symptoms of which I am unaware. Oh yes, I get very restless and can't sleep or stay still even though I am sleepy. Other times, I just drift off watching television. I yawn and my eyes burn. But, I never fall asleep driving, reading, working on the computer or working at all.

I read on the internet that Gatorade might help and when I first starting taking Lithium I the 90s, I kept Gatorade in the house, but, its night now and I get any until tomorrow

What I need to know; should I stop taking Lithium until I see the doctor on Thursday. This is the first time that I see this doctor. I just moved
When was the last time your blood levels were checked? What was the last test result?

I would not get Gatorade - there are far better electrolyte solutions available these days. Smart Water is just water +electrolytes, sans sugar. There are also drinks that do have sugar but do not have as nearly as many additives and colorants as Gatorade. Or, if you have dried fruit at home, you can put some in a pot of water and boil it down. That would be your potassium-rich homemade electrolyte solution. Very tasty if you squeeze a few drops of lemon juice into it. Far healthier than Gatorade. But still, the most important step now is to get a blood test. If you are seeing a new dr and are on lithium, a blood test would be ordered anyway - it is the standard of care. But if you won't see that dr. for awhile, just go to urgent care and request that test there. The lab gets processed quickly and the dr. or NP in the urgent care dept would have the answer soon.
hamster-bamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote