View Single Post
janus2014

Member Since Apr 2014
8 hugs
given
Default Nov 30, 2014 at 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvert View Post
I agree -- and I have, in the past, had the really bad tendency of making up for my inclination to be quiet by attaching myself to extreme talkers. I've been practicing being more talkative myself, which is helping screen out those people.

It seems like this stuff hits in waves for me - I have some friends and then all of a sudden I'm not close to any of them anymore - maybe because they moved or I got a new job or whatever.
My most recent friendship was one that I had to give up. She honestly did not seem to get it when I would request down time after hanging out with her, and thought it was perfectly acceptable after hanging on the phone for an hour to suggest coming over! Or vice versa. When I met my future husband, she became downright annoying, whining about how I didn't seem to have time for her anymore because I was dating. I finally got tired of the high maintenance act and ended the friendship. I felt badly but she really gave me no other choice. If she would have been patient, I would have eventually sought her out again, but she made herself unbearable.
janus2014 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote