View Single Post
ForeverLonelyGirl

Member Since Sep 2014
218 hugs
given
Default Dec 01, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Thank-you for this post. And yes, yes, yes. I feel more like I don't even fit in the world now. As a teenager I was very outgoing, loved to have lots of friends. Even as an older teen, that started to diminish, I think that is natural.

In every situation after that, it seemed like I was always feeling lively and wanting everyone to like me but they seemed put off and it felt like I was trying to invade some click or secret society that just did not want me there.

Nowadays that I am out of the socially accepted place in life, single, almost 60 and on disability for mental illness, I am shunned by most. Even at churches. I can go to services and be completely ignored, rarely spoken to. No one seems to want someone of my status in a group, even though I do love people and feel like I could contribute something. Because of social anxiety now I am not going to push to be accepted so therefore I just stay home alone.

I've always felt that I live in the wrong age, I should have lived in a way earlier time like the 1800's or even been a teenager in the 1950's. Of course there was not modern day birth control! Blah!

Again, thanks for this. I wish I could help you but as you see, I struggle with this myself.
ForeverLonelyGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
angelene