vital
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2014
1,785 hugs
given
Default Dec 09, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adespota View Post
Thanks everyone I hope I'm able to find something that will do something but I'm not gonna hold my breath over it at this point :/ I hope to never be hospitalized against my will, but sometimes I wish I was. I don't really understand why I would want that, though. Maybe just feeling desperate.

I've been to group therapy, DBT and individual counselling so far, the latter which I'm still in an hour every 5 weeks or so. That's about all I have at my disposal as of now. I have no other options here.

Also, my medications are strictly limited to what my pDoc has in Dr. samples or what is very inexpensive (like I'm on Trazodone for sleep which only costs me a total of $5.50/month). I have no way of paying for my medications and I can't get any coverage for it. I'm beginning to run out of options there, too. :/
Since you're in Canada, I'm really surprised that you have such restricted medical options, but OK...

I suspect that at some point, you've been told the the options for treating depression are antidepressants and therapy. However, there are things you can try that statistically speaking work better than either drugs or therapy and they cost nothing. I'm thinking of exercise, improving your diet and meditation. If you look in the "Depression Success Stories" section, for instance, you'll find people who report that they have completely resolved their depression just with meditation. If I were in your shoes, I would give these things a very serious try. You can also try this

http://forums.psychcentral.com/depre...n-escaped.html

which is easy to try and also free. In post #45 above and web sites by Mark Hyman and Andrew Weil, you can find ideas about diet and possible underlying medical or nutritional issues.

- vital
vital is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rand.