View Single Post
Altered Moment
Elder

Member Since Feb 2014
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 11, 2014 at 08:13 AM

I think your psychologist is right. You are the expert. Especially if you have taken them a lot. My psychiatrist lets me pick pretty much what to do. Or he may suggest and I go along. It is a partnership.

Anti depressants can for sure trigger hypomania. When I started my current one, Fetzima, I was hypomanic for two months and then it balanced out.

I take Remeron for sleep and it works great but for me it is useless for depression. I would rather use it than Seroquel unless the Seroquel was helping other things.

It's trial and error. Maybe dump the paxil and try the wellbutrin.

The thing is there is a huge variation in how me metabolize these meds and then how the active metabolites affect us. A psychiatrist has no may to predict. It's like throwing a dart. I think the most reliable and consistent ones are the benzo's for anxiety but they have other problems. I think ADHD meds are more reliable too. Antidepressants and atypical anti psychotics....its any ones guess and you just have to try if you are willing to play the med game.

Major Depressive Disorder
Anxiety Disorder with some paranoid delusions thrown in for fun.
Recovering Alcoholic and Addict
Possibly on low end of bi polar spectrum...trying to decide.

Male, 50

Fetzima 80mg
Lamictal 100mg
Remeron 30mg for sleep
Klonopin .5mg twice a day, cutting this back

Last edited by Altered Moment; Dec 11, 2014 at 08:31 AM..
Altered Moment is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote