View Single Post
Anonymous37807

Default Dec 18, 2014 at 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanora View Post
I am also looking into ECT. Can I ask what kind of memory problems? Is it more like a piece or is it on going memory issues? I feel like I'm at the end of my rope with meds.
Hi Sanora, I think everyone's memory may be affected differently but for me, I have trouble remembering random things just from during the time period that I've had the ECTS, not the distant past. One problem I have is remembering directions to places. I have to constantly get directions from mapquest to find my way, even though I've been there numerous times.

Another example is reading. I'm in a couple of book clubs and I have to take notes after reading because I can't remember what I read. It's very frustrating. I'm not working right now but hope to be soon. I hope the memory issues don't pose too much of a problem in the workplace.

Best of luck if you decide to have the treatments. They made a big difference for me.

P.S. I'm having treatments right now 2 weeks apart. Maybe if someone has them farther apart there aren't memory problems?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote