Magnate

Member Since Apr 2013
5,526 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 25, 2014 at 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
Went to work and it was a slow day. For some strange reason, for most of the day I just got thinking about death. Some people I have known just died recently.

Mostly I got thinking, 'what or where will I be in a year from now'? Will I still have my same job? Will I still live at my same place, even though there are times when I hate it? Will I be broke? Will I be very sick, perhaps in a hospital? Will I be dead by then? All of those questions! And yet, I can't seem to ask myself more positive questions like: will I live in a better place? Will I finally be in love with someone after waiting for many decades? Will I at least have some decent friends? Will my job improve?

After work I went to visit my friend because he had a gift for me. I was disappointed when I got to his house because he and his wife were preparing bread for a church service. I thought that his wife would be gone all day; and he and I would have a chance to talk. I didn't stay very long.

When I got home, I felt very sad and empty. I worked out and it was quite an effort to do it because I felt so down. But I did it! Tonight I went to the pool area and there were some people there, much to my surprise. I was hoping to be alone there for peace and quiet. The people that were there were pretty nice, but not my type. I haven't met anyone compatible in a long time at where I live.
Maybe it is time for you to take a bit of risk (more than before) so 2015 is different and you like it more than 2014. Sending you a hug

Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out. Vaclav Havel